As with any information technology system, data protection best practices should be known and followed.
Among these are:
• Know UTA, federal and state privacy requirements applicable to the data you will store;
• Inform your collaborators about your privacy practices;
• Share and store only the minimum amount of personal information necessary to accomplish your tasks. Use caution for information classified as FERPA data .
• Limit use external collaborators to those who have a business need to know;
• Follow UTA's data management policies and standards, including but not limited to;
• If you are found to be in violation of the UTA’s Security Policy or Acceptable User Agreement, the University may take disciplinary action, including restriction of and possible loss of computing privileges or more serious consequences. You may also be subject to federal, state and local laws applicable to the prohibitions set forth in this Agreement.